Last time when our cleaning team was in Bellevue, smelly restroom seemed to be the first
thing our customers were concerned about. So we took time looking for different methods of eliminating this unpleasant smell:
3. But if you are looking for a way to eliminate the odor, not just hide it, house cleaning services
in Seattle suggest you trying the following solution: mix 1 liter of white vinegar, ¼ c. baking
soda and1 tsp. dish detergent. You can wash not only the toilet with it but the floor as well as this
liquid will kill the odor, germs and eliminate grease and dirt.
1. The quickest and the easiest – if your guests should arrive in 5 minutes and you notice a nasty
odor in your toilet, but don’t have time for time-consuming cleaning, try this little trick: just
light a wooden match in the middle of the room. This will produce sulfur dioxide that is strong
enough to hide different smells for some period of time.
2. For the lovers of elegant methods of fighting the smell we recommend lighting a candle, even
an unscented one – that will slightly neutralize unpleasant bathroom odor. Just be careful with
fire if you have little children or pets living in your house.
4. Another helpful method is wiping your toilet with ammonia. Just make sure it doesn’t react
5. Baking soda absorbs bad smells quite fast as well. If your toilet is small in size, you can just
open a box of soda and leave it in your bathroom for a couple of days, changing the box until
you get rid of the smell. However, if it is not that little, find an uncovered container and pour the
soda inside. Repeat the procedure when needed.
6. Another idea house cleaning services in Seattle have in mind is getting a pack of charcoal and
following the same instructions as Seattle housekeeping described in the paragraph about baking
7. A thing that is advisable for very strong and old smelling stains is Hydrochloric Acid.
But be very careful with it and follow the directions attentively to avoid the surface damage.
Another cause of bad smell might be the floor, the pipes or the walls. Try disinfecting
them: scrub the tile with faire amount of ammonia and check your plumbing system.
Of course, there are plenty of modern detergents you can buy in the store for cleaning your
bathroom and you can choose any of them that you consider efficient. But here we would advise
you leaving the chemical in your toilet bawl overnight or even better for a couple of days if you
are planning to leave your home for a weekend.
And remember, that the best way to eliminate any kind of odors is prevention – clean your
bathroom often enough and you will not have to deal with this problem.
Cleaning Service Area
Maria House Cleaning Co serve the Greater Seattle, Washington area:
Maple Valley WA
Federal Way WA
Fall City WA
Lake Forest Park WA
Mercer Island WA
Black Diamond WA
Yarrow Point WA
North Bend WA
Des Moines WA
Clyde Hill WA
Mill Creek WA