Sometimes houses do smell, but it’s not such a big problem that cannot be fought against.
Odor is just gaseous molecules that float around the house. But you also need to understand that nice odors of air fresheners are not always good for our health. Air fresheners contain chemicals that cause different allergies.
Of course, it’s great when the house smells nicely, but how will you manage to do it?
First of all, the easiest way to get rid of unpleasant odor is to open the window and to ventilate the house. 15 minutes with open windows will help you to fight unpleasant odor.
The next thing you may do is to change your old air filters. New filters catch much more particles. As experts say, odor molecules attach to the particles in the air, and if your air conditioner works well, it will get rid of particles with attached to them odor molecules.
When you got rid of unpleasant odor, it’s time to think about natural air fresheners.
You may use special recipes and prepare DIY interesting candles or other stuff that will fill the house with nice and pleasant odors.
Natural Odor Recipes…
1. Fall Scent: 1 sliced orange, 5 cinnamon sticks, and 2 tablespoons of whole cloves
2. Orange Taste: 1 sliced orange, 1 tablespoon almond extract
3. Sweet Mint: 2 sliced limes, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
4. Gingerbread: 5 1/4 inch slices of ginger, 1 tablespoon almond extract, 3 cinnamon sticks
5. Cordon Bleu: 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of peppermint extract, 4 sprigs of rosemary
6. Italian Scent: 1 lemon, 1 tablespoon of black peppercorns, handful of basil
7. Smell of Forest: Cedar twigs
8. Earl Grey: Bergamot tea (Earl Grey), 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
9. Blueberry Tea: Bergamot tea, 1 sliced orange, 1 tablespoon of almond extract
10. Coconut Pleasure: 1 tablespoon coconut extract, 1 sliced lime