Is it possible to keep your washing and drying machines smelling fresh and clean? Of course, yes, our professionals from Maria Cleaning will tell you how to deal with unpleasant odors using these easy tips.
In the Washing Machine
1. First of all you need to use hot water in your washing machine. There is no doubt that cold water saves your family budget, but hot water kills germs and odor-causing bacteria. Experts recommend washing your clothes in hot water at least once or twice per month.
2. Don’t use fabric softeners. Yes, it’s true that these softeners make your clothes smell fresh, but at the same time they leave a residue that gives the opportunity to the mildew to grow.
3. Leave the door of the washer open if you don’t use it for several days. Let the washing mashing to air out.
4. Don’t forget to clean your washing machine at least once a month. Run your washing machine without any clothes using hot water and adding two cups of white vinegar, this will help you to kill any bacteria or germs.
In the Dryer
1. Don’t forget to remove the lint from the lint trap after the load. Don’t forget to clean this area once a month. In order to do this, pull out the trap and soak it in soapy and warm water, leave it there for 15 minutes and gently clean it rubbing with the cloth. In order to clean the lint trap area use your vacuum cleaner.
2. In order to clean the dryer out mix one cup of usual bleach with one gallon of hot water. Wet a piece of cloth into this solution and wipe the inside of the dryer and the washing machine. Don’t forget to leave the door open to let it dry.
3. In order to get rid of unpleasant odors, dampen several towels into the white vinegar, put them into the dryer and turn it on. Vinegar will help to eliminate any kind of odors inside the dryer.