Towels are the things that are used daily in our life. Everybody wants them to be soft, clean, good smelling and absorbent.
Here are several most common problems:
- Towels do not dry wellThis problem is common for new towels; most of them are covered with manufacturer’s coating that is washed out after several washing cycles.
- Towels smell badlyNo one likes stinky clothes, including towels. In order to get rig of the smell, try to wash them using hot water and add 1-2 cups of vinegar. Vinegar will help to fight with odors and will disinfect the fabrics. Towels like fresh air, so it is great if you hang them outside to dry.
- Towels fadeYes, they do fade, but if you want to save bright color of the towels, add vinegar to your detergent the first time you wash new towels.
- Towels feel like sandpaperThis problem can be resolved if you dry your towels with the addition of a fabric softener sheet.
- If the label says no chlorine bleach, do not use it, because bleach can weaken the fiber.
- Experts say that towels should be washed using the hottest temperatures.
- Shake your towels out before you place them in the dryer, this will make them softer.