clock-iconworking hours : Mon-Sat (9.00am - 5.00PM)

Our Phone Numbers

(425)728-8120 (425)272-7228


Dangerous Plants Around Your Garden

18 Jul

Dangerous Plants Around Your Garden

Summer is a great time which is full of flowers and blossom. Gardens are so pretty, but are all of these flowers that you have in your garden safe? Experts say: “NO!”

Rhododendron and Azalea

Yes, they are beautiful… Yes, they look perfect… But ingesting of a flower, steam or a leaf could lead to difficulty breathing, abdominal pain, paralysis, coma and sometimes death.


If even a small part of this plant was eaten it could be fatal. Shaking, slowed heart rate and drowsiness are other symptoms.


If you have a dog, you should be very careful with these flowers. The bulbs are the most dangerous part of the plant. If your dog eats the bulb, it can cause diarrhea, vomiting, tremors, etc.


The blossom of these flowers is wonderful, but they contain such toxin as cyanide. The good news is that ingestion of a great number of flowers can be fatal.


The sap of the plants can lead to irritation of your skin, mouth, can also cause throat swelling and stomach upset. It is better to keep your kids and pets away from these plants.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *