Sometimes we do not think that there are special rules and tips that will help your dishwasher to work and smell properly. Our cleaning experts have prepared the most important rules to keep your dishwater in tip-top condition.
- If your dishes have food that is left on them, you will need to scrape foods off before loading your dishwasher. Scraping will help to get rid of the particles that won’t be stuck between the dishes.
- Do not overload the dishwasher. Many housewives try to put into the dishwasher as many plates as possible in order to avoid hand washing them. Keep in mind, if your dishwasher is overload, the chances for extra cycles are increased.
- Choose the correct cycle. Do not use shorter cycles, especially if your plates are dirty and greasy.
- Purchase soaps that include a rinse aid. Such soaps will help you to save money. White vinegar is also good for rinsing cycle. Just pour it into the reservoir and enjoy clean and shiny glass and plates.
- Vinegar will help you to clean the dishwasher. Run an empty dishwasher with vinegar and you will have a clean and a good smelling dishwasher. Just pour a cup of vinegar into the bottom of the machine and turn it on.
- Make sure your water is soft. Hard water is killing for many part of your dishwasher. At the same time hard water doesn’t clean dishes well and thoroughly. Test your water and soften it if possible.